Replacing the Maintenance Box
- Make sure you have a new maintenance box before you begin.
- Do not reuse a maintenance box that has been removed and left uninstalled for more than a week.
- Keep the maintenance box away from direct sunlight.
Note: You cannot print or clean the print head while the maintenance box is full but you can perform tasks that do not require ink such as scanning.
- Make sure the product is not printing.
- Remove the new maintenance box from its package.
- Lift up the Cassette and pull it out all the way.
- Raise the control panel.
- Use a flat-head screwdriver to loosen the screw on the maintenance box cover and remove the maintenance box cover
- Grasp the maintenance box and pull it out of its holder.
- Place the used maintenance box in the plastic bag that came with the new maintenance box. Seal the bag and dispose of it carefully.
- Insert the new maintenance box into the holder and push it all the way in.
- Insert the maintenance box cover into the tabs on the product as shown, close the cover and tighten the screw to secure it.
- Re-insert Cassette and follow the on-screen instructions.
Caution: Do not touch the areas shown here (#3 – #6)
Note: Do not tilt the used maintenance box or take it apart
Warning: If ink gets on your skin, wash it thoroughly with soap and water. If ink gets into your eyes, flush them immediately with water. If discomfort or vision problems persist, see a doctor immediately. If ink gets into your mouth, spit it out and see a doctor right away. Keep the maintenance box out of the reach of children and do not drink the ink.
- Epson L616
- Epson L6190
- Epson L14150